At Filberts Fine Foods Limited, we are dedicated to minimising the impact our activities have upon the environment we live in, we support the principles of sustainable development, and we ensure we make products of the highest quality, sought after by our customers. We are committed to ensuring that everything we do benefits our environment and the people we share it with.
We recognise the triple-bottom line that underpins the work we do and the contributions we make in:
That is why our key aims are:
- To reduce our reliance on the use of plastics as a material in food packaging and in the supply chain.
- To promote sustainable, and environmentally sensitive practices to our employees, customers, and suppliers.
- To reduce our carbon footprint through investments in our supply chain.
- To support wherever possible local communities and businesses.
- To meet the sustainability and environmental policies of our governing body.
- To procure the energy we need from only renewable sources.
- To become a certified B Corp business, joining a global community of businesses audited and proven to meet high environmental and social accountability and transparency.
What have we done so far to achieve these goals?
- Developed and trialled our first plastic free range of snacks for the travel industry.
- Reduced our use of plastic packaging by more than 10% by weight.
- Commenced the transition from non-recyclable to 100% recyclable certified plastics in our food packaging and supply chain.
- Developed a new range of point of sale merchandise for retail from recycled card and FSC wood.
- We have partnered with an industry leading Waste Management Contractor to recycle and responsibly dispose of our waste.
- Recently contracted for 100% of the electricity we use to come from renewable sources.
- Commenced the B Impact Assessment to become B-Corp certified in 2023. Thereby becoming a business committed to being a force for good, and one that balances making profit with looking after people and the planet.
Filberts Fine Foods hereby commits to becoming a more sustainable business through constant and consistent review of our practices, applying new and emerging technology where feasible, and by encouraging the businesses we engage with to do the same.